Miami is one of the world’s most popular tourist spots for cherished vacation. There are multiple of enticing destinations coupled with the bustle of the city’s nightlife and enthralling beach tour. There is much to offer to all visitors who take a trip to Miami. If in case you plan a trip to Miami, you can avail cheap flights to Miami through various airlines flying to the destination or through travel agencies offering a range of airfare deals.
Here are some of the facts and truths of Miami for you to take a glance before you take cheap plane tickets to Miami and venture into this beautiful and enticing city.
- Miami was founded in the year 1896 by a woman named Julia Tuttle.
- Julia Tuttle is known as the Mother of Miami who actually took sincere efforts to develop this town around a small hotel that was first built on the railroad between Florida to Miami.
- The city was named after a Native American Tribe known as the Mayaimis. The name of the tribe was however taken from a Lake is known as Lake Okeechobee, also known as Mayaimis.
- The city covers an area of around 1955 square miles.
- The city has a population of around 2.4 million residents.
- It is also known as the cleanest city in the world.
- Benjamin Green is known to be the first suntan lotion discovered by the pharmacist belonging to the Miami Beach.
- The nightlife of South Beach is worth appreciation with the awesome eye candy belonging to the Art Deco district.
- Some of the thrilling activities that keep tourist excited all through their trip are deep-sea fishing, tennis, parasailing, wave running, jet skiing, windsurfing, and golf. To enjoy these activities you can even book last minute flights to Miami through a huge selection of Miami flight deals offered by various travel companies.
- The boat show, auto racing, and league sports are just beyond excellence.
- The two national parks of United States, Biscayne National Park, and the Everglades National Park are located in Miami.
- The key attractions of Miami are Haulover Beach, Golden Beach, Harrison Street, Oleta State Park, Custer Street, Sunny Isles Beach-Pier Park, Sebastian Street, John Lloyd State Park, Hallandale Beach Blvd, Dania Beach, Birch State Park and Oakland Park Boulevard.
- Miami Port is known to be the Cruise Capital of the World with a passenger statistics of around 3.5 million every year.
- Miami Beach is world renowned as the America’s Riviera, Latin Hollywood and also the Sun and Fun Capital.
- Miami beckons a high number of wrecks and hence is popularly known as the ‘Wreck Diving Capital of the Americas’.